TIPS TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENT AND SAVE
April is Earth Month and we want to share some easy tips that will help you, help the environment!
1. Recycle as much as you can. Designate some bins in your garage for recyclables to make it easier for you and your family.
2. Reduce the use of paper towels. Try to use microfiber towels as much as you can.
3. Turn things off. Many of us have the habit of leaving everything on all the time. Try to turn things off when not in use: computers, televisions, air conditioner, etc.
4. Use public transportation whenever possible. Or walk. Or cycle.
5. Carpool when you go to work. Not only will the commute be more entertaining, it will help you save on gas too!
6. Try washing full loads in your washing machine and dishwasher.
7. Plan your shopping trips. Make a list of the items you need and plan the route.
8. Participate in activities that help keep our planet clean. 99¢ Only Stores is the proud sponsor of Heal the Bay's "Nothing but Sand Beach Cleanup" program. This month the initiative will take place on Saturday, April 21, at Santa Monica beach. You may find more information here: http://htl.li/ajszR 9. Take reusable bags when you go shopping. You can now find a reusable bag especially designed for Earth Day (April 22nd) by 99¢ Only Stores!